I'm an intense artist. I paint because I suck at using words to express myself.
In order to assert some control and release over my tension, paranoia and frustration from daily living, I’ve developed a technique of my own where the outcome is inspired by my suppressed emotions. As a result, this produces a sense of vulnerability, risk and excitement in my work.
I use such vigorous intensity to affect layers of acrylic paint, that I work on wooden boards instead of canvas, so as to prevent me from ripping through the artwork!
The end result exposes the audience to intense and raw artworks that give you a glimpse into my headspace.
- Advanced Diploma of Fine Art, Sydney Gallery School
- Selected Fleming Muntz Albury Art Prize Albury Regional Art Gallery, Albury
- First Prize Photography - Artists on Norton NSW Parliament House, Sydney
- Art express Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney
- Scratches the fragile emulsion, blank_space Gallery, Surry Hills
- Sticks and Stones Newview Gallery, Newtown
- Therapy Ace Gallery, Rosebay
- Secret Women’s Business Platform 72 Gallery, St Leonards
- Layers Global Gallery, Paddington
- Artists on Norton NSW Parliament House Fountain Court, Sydney
- Linden Postcard Show St Kilda centre for Contemporary Arts, Melbourne
- Highlights of Artists on Norton Casa d’Italia, Leichhardt
- Arte di Ritorno Biblioteca Berio Genoa, Italy
- Art express – Art from Down Under Spectrum Gallery, San Francisco